The Year 2016 In Review and Goals For 2017

Framed Moments

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2K17

The Year 2016 was awesome. The first half was all struggles, embarrassments, disappointments and trouble for me. But the second half was unexpectedly better- that Pune trip with best buddies, that family trip in October, the Ultimate Blogging Challenge, the immense growth that I saw in my personality and all the life wisdom that I learned!!

I struck off many a wish-list this year. I did convert many a dream into reality this very year. Looking back, connecting the dots, I can see what a phenomenal year it was. I came across so many new people, established new friendships that do mean a lot to me, and I connected with the people who inspire me in one way or the other.



I do have some New Year Resolutions, well, let’s call them New Year Goals. I don’t really connect with the word ‘resolution’.

1. Be more visible- accept vulnerability, accept imperfection. Aim growth not perfection. Be                 more mindful about your emotions- don’t shut them out or hide them. Acknowledge them.
2. Read more non-fiction, especially memoirs, travelogues.
3. Listen to audio-books more often.
4. Resume writing poetry. Resume journaling.
5. Write a review a week, detailed, honestly, soulfully, as truly as you can.
6. Don’t multitask. It takes away the soul from whatever you are doing. Accept that multitasking is         not for you. Single-task. Do things one at a time.
7. Travel more.
8. Let go of the urge to commit to every expectation of your friends and family. Learn to say ‘It’s           not a priority right now’ if you find saying ‘no’ hard.
9. Meet at least one blogger friend who has inspired you immensely.
10. Spread love, happiness, kindness, and joy wherever you go. Reach out more.

Comments

Queeristan by Parmesh Sahani

Image
  Queeristan (Amazon Link) Thanks to Audible Free Trial I listened to this amazing non-fiction on LGBTQ inclusion in Indian workplaces. Author Parmesh Sahani identifies as gay Indian, working closely with Godrej higher management and employees for years to create an inclusive workplace, both legally and in spirit. This book is a result of those years of experience, research, collaboration with individuals from difference spectrum of the society and organizations who has successfully transitioned into a queer friendly one.   Indian history is inclusive. From the Khajuraho temple architectures, to Konark to the Rig Veda, there is existing proofs even 2000 years ago of Indian inclusiveness of queer. It’s the draconian British law that criminalised it, which was scraped in 2009, came into effect once again following a sad judgement in 2013 and eventually was scraped off for good in 2018. I am in awe of the lawyers who fought this legal battle- colleagues and partners – Arundhati Katju

Popular posts from this blog

Empress Ki : A story of an epic scale

E[x]ploring Odia Literature Through 'Punyatoya'

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Latest Binge - Emily in Paris

When Breathe Becomes Air

A Gratitude List: The Sweetest Thing in a Seekers' Life

The Baztan Trilogy