Where would I be going?



Where would I be going? What is my long term plan for my blog?
Truly speaking I had not even thought about that, until yesterday morning, when I read the blog post suggestions for day three of #UBC. I lack vision, I realized. On further thought, not only in blogosphere, but also in my life – I lack vision. I lack long term goals. All I have are short term goals, at most for a year. The best ones were AtoZ challenges where we had to choose a theme and plan our blog posts for a whole month. And yes- book reading challenges by Goodreads, where I had to read as many books as I could get my hands on. Looking back, they were great, but not that promising to be called a vision. So, I need to sit with my ‘to-do’ lists and my diary and plan my days ahead. A blogging calendar would help, I think.
Resolutions don’t work for me. When I plunge into something with full excitement, energy and a mind bubbling and bursting with ideas- it all fizzles away within a few days. I get bored once the initial phase is over. The ‘In Progress’ phase that sets in after a few days of the newly started hobby, or project, no longer makes me excited. All curiosities are gone now that I have explored the surface of it. Diving deep needs more patience than I ever thought. I feel not ready for it- to devout my time fully to the cause. And eventually I leave it off half done. Three unfinished manuscripts, none of them even halfway through, are testimony to this. I have started numerous paintings, all left off in the middle. Starting something is very easy, but finishing it is difficult. I wish I could stick to one of them, and at least complete it.
Keeping it simple and short, all in all, I would be aiming at improving my alexa rank, page views, providing good quality content to my readers. Sometimes I think about self-hoisted platforms, then think against going to that. I perhaps need a blog branding mentor. But then, I need a full-fledged plan, which I don’t have right now.
Of course I would be posting more and more of different book reviews, movie reviews, K-drama reviews and food for thought gained through personal experiences. I am thinking to add a ‘Travel Diaries’ section to my blog. I aim to take part in ‘100 days Happiness Project’. I intend to write more.
 

Linking the post to Day Four of #UBC , and #DailyChatter.



 

Comments

Queeristan by Parmesh Sahani

Image
  Queeristan (Amazon Link) Thanks to Audible Free Trial I listened to this amazing non-fiction on LGBTQ inclusion in Indian workplaces. Author Parmesh Sahani identifies as gay Indian, working closely with Godrej higher management and employees for years to create an inclusive workplace, both legally and in spirit. This book is a result of those years of experience, research, collaboration with individuals from difference spectrum of the society and organizations who has successfully transitioned into a queer friendly one.   Indian history is inclusive. From the Khajuraho temple architectures, to Konark to the Rig Veda, there is existing proofs even 2000 years ago of Indian inclusiveness of queer. It’s the draconian British law that criminalised it, which was scraped in 2009, came into effect once again following a sad judgement in 2013 and eventually was scraped off for good in 2018. I am in awe of the lawyers who fought this legal battle- colleagues and partners – Arundhati Katju

Popular posts from this blog

Empress Ki : A story of an epic scale

E[x]ploring Odia Literature Through 'Punyatoya'

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

When Breathe Becomes Air

Latest Binge - Emily in Paris

The Hyderabad Playlist – A song story

July : A Month of Massive Changes #MondayMusings