Home Sweet Home

source:https://housing.com/lookup

Most of us envision ourselves living out of states or abroad, having a world tour, getting to know people from a different culture and having a dream job in our dream city. But every mountain seems beautiful when seen from far. The obstacles on the hilly terrain are not visible from a distance, and so we don’t realize the hurdles. Nothing of the above would satisfy us or make us happy if we don’t have a place to go back to. Even after achieving all the wonders in the world, if we don’t have a family to miss, a home to come back when we can, nothing would seem worth it.

A year from now I can see myself living away from home, from my parents and my sister. I’d be earning of course and living my dreams, but would still have that nostalgia on seeing a family photo. And visiting home after a long gap, during the holidays would feel like returning to the paradise. I’d again get to taste my mother’s handmade recipes, those homemade delicacies that have the ability to create memories. Those smiles, those caring gestures and those hugs are all that we live for. Being in home after so many days would be the best feeling ever.

What else can fill us with a greater hope and optimism for future, than moments spent with the family at home? Those laughs we share, those trivial quarrels, those moments of togetherness make for a happy life and a hopeful future. When I’m away in future I’d always miss my sister’s gleeful face on seeing me return from college. I’d miss her squabbles and her hilarious laughter. We share a room and a bed. It’s difficult for me to imagine living with a roommate who’s not her, in future.

Just last week we visited our new apartment. We’d soon be shifting there; to our own home. I and my sister love our room. It has a balcony and a place for a swing. We’d chat sitting there, sip coffee and enjoy the evening air. We’d read our favorite novels and listen to our favorite songs there. Housing facilities help so many families create home and a world filled with positivity. Our future days too are filled with hope, optimism and numerous possibilities for happiness.

My mother loves the terrace. That’s her gardening spot. She enjoys sowing, planting, watering and admiring the flowers after the bloom. I too love our present flower-pots she’s cared so much for. Our new home has custom made flower pot stands on window sills in the balcony and the terrace. I can already imagine the beautiful vines of money plant and the morning dew on the colorful petals. Home is indeed the best place on earth.



I agree to ensure (to the best of my abilities and circumstances) that my blog post would remain accessible in an un-altered state for a minimum of one year.

Comments

Queeristan by Parmesh Sahani

Image
  Queeristan (Amazon Link) Thanks to Audible Free Trial I listened to this amazing non-fiction on LGBTQ inclusion in Indian workplaces. Author Parmesh Sahani identifies as gay Indian, working closely with Godrej higher management and employees for years to create an inclusive workplace, both legally and in spirit. This book is a result of those years of experience, research, collaboration with individuals from difference spectrum of the society and organizations who has successfully transitioned into a queer friendly one.   Indian history is inclusive. From the Khajuraho temple architectures, to Konark to the Rig Veda, there is existing proofs even 2000 years ago of Indian inclusiveness of queer. It’s the draconian British law that criminalised it, which was scraped in 2009, came into effect once again following a sad judgement in 2013 and eventually was scraped off for good in 2018. I am in awe of the lawyers who fought this legal battle- colleagues and partners – Arundhati Katju

Popular posts from this blog

Empress Ki : A story of an epic scale

E[x]ploring Odia Literature Through 'Punyatoya'

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Latest Binge - Emily in Paris

When Breathe Becomes Air

A Gratitude List: The Sweetest Thing in a Seekers' Life

The Baztan Trilogy